Minutes of the America First National Committee
Sunday, August 4, 2002
BE IT REMEMBERED that the America First National Committee met on Sunday, August 4, 2002 at 9 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, pursuant to the Resolution of the National Committee of July 30, 2002.
The meeting was called to order by the Chairman at 9:21 p.m. EDT.
The Secretary called the roll of National Committee members:
- John Verser of Arkansas
- Larry Carroll, Marcel Dietze and Wanda Weatherford of Colorado
- Helen Leka, George Radzwillas, and Floyd Atchley of Connecticut
- Martin McClellan and Gaurav Ahuja of Florida
- Jim Monagan, Ed Moses, and Dave Doyle of Iowa
- Phil Anderson, O. Gene Lovell, and Diane Lovell of Georgia
- Trey Golmon of Mississippi
- John Clark and Virginia Clark of Maryland
- Cleve Pate and Norman Kent of North Carolina
- John Fey, James Edwards, and James D. Jones of Tennessee
- Wes Anderson and George Pangborn of Texas
- John Pittman Hey of Mississippi, Secretary
- Dan Charles of Colorado, Chairman and Treasurer
- Billie Deeter of Arkansas
- George Bashure of Florida
- Guadalupe Lynch, Maureen McHugh, and Brendan McCrudden of Illinois
- Francis Winters, Jean Martha Groves, and Ted Maravelias of New Hampshire
- Ryan Walters and Candice Schmidt of Mississippi
- Ray Cherry, Dennis Carriger, and Nancy Blankenship of Missouri
- Blake Buffington of Texas
- Gordon Ipock of North Carolina
- Gary Grella of New York
- John Francis, James Bunosky, and Ward Chorpenning of Ohio
James Arft and Maureen Flannery of New York joined the meeting after its call to order.
Linda Muller, Chris Wenzel, and Rick Besanko attended the meeting, first as observers, and then as members of the National Committee from the State of Virginia.
Michael O'Brian, John Walker, and Gerald Duncan attended the meeting, first as observers, and then as members of the National Committee from the State of Michigan.
A quorum being present, the National Committee meeting was opened with the Pledge of Allegiance. The Secretary delivered the invocation. He led the Committee in prayer for the nation, for our friend Mr. Traficant, and for a safe and productive National Convention this week.
The Secretary presented a number of amendments to the Certified List of National Committee members.
The Secretary reported receipt of a Petition for Affiliation from the America First Party of Virginia chaired by Linda Muller. The Petition submitted the names of Mrs. Muller, Mr. Rick Besanko, and Mr. Chris Wenzel as the National Committee members from Virginia.
The Secretary moved the amendment of the Certified List of National Committee members to add Mrs. Muller, Mr. Wenzel, and Mr. Besanko as National Committee members from the State of Virginia. His motion was seconded by Mr. Moses and adopted by unanimous vote of the National Committee.
The Secretary reported receipt of a Petition for Affiliation from the America First Party of Michigan chaired by Mr. Michael O'Brian. The Petition submitted the names of Mr. O'Brian, Mr. John Walker, and Mr. Gerald Duncan as the National Committee members from Michigan.
The Secretary moved the amendment of the Certified List of National Committee members to add Mr. Michael O'Brian, Mr. John Walker, and Mr. Gerald Duncan as National Committee members from the State of Michigan. His motion was seconded by Mr. Lovell and adopted by unanimous vote of the National Committee.
Convention Committee Chairman Jones led the discussion on the Banquet contract with the Renaissance. After some discussion, a motion was made by Diane Lovell to enter the agreement with the Hotel and specifying seventy guests. Her motion was seconded by Mr. McClellan and adopted by unanimous vote.
There being no further business, upon motion made by Mr. Anderson of Georgia, seconded by Mr. McClellan, and adopted by unanimous vote, the Chairman declared the meeting adjourned.
John Pittman Hey
America First National Committee