Minutes of the Operating Committee of the America First Party
Thursday, August 29, 2002
BE IT REMEMBERED that the Operating Committee of the America First Party met on Thursday, August 29, 2002 at 9 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, pursuant to the call of the Chairman.
The meeting was called to order by the Chairman at 9:08 p.m. EDT.
The Secretary called the roll of Operating Committee members:
- Dan Charles of Colorado, Chairman
- Gene Lovell of Georgia, Vice-chairman
- John Pittman Hey of Mississippi, Secretary
- Maureen McHugh of Illinois, Treasurer
- John Verser of Arkansas, Ballot Access Committee Chairman
- Romelle Winters of New Hampshire, Public Relations Committee Chairman
- Jon Hill of Massachusetts, Finance Committee Chairman
- Ed Moses of Iowa, Rules Committee Chairman
- Roger Simmermaker of Florida, Platform Committee Chairman
- James D. Jones of Tennessee, Party Building Chairman
- James Edwards of Tennessee, Candidates Committee Chairman
The Chairman led the Committee in the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Secretary gave the invocation.
The Chairman moved the adoption of a resolution calling the National Committee to meet September 5, 2002.
After the resolution was modified by several friendly amendments, it read as follows:
Resolved, that in accordance with Article III, Section 2(b) of the Constitution, the Operating Committee hereby calls a teleconference meeting of the America First National Committee for Thursday evening, September 5, 2002 at 9 p.m. Eastern time.
The Proposed AFNC Meeting Agenda shall be:
1. Call to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Credentials Report
5. Approve Agenda
Resolved, that the America First National Committee does hereby authorize the expenditure of up to $2300 for the purchase of advertising in the first 3 issues of The American Conservative.
The resolution was adopted by unanimous vote.
There being no further business, upon motion made by Mrs. Winters, seconded by Mr. Lovell, and adopted by unanimous vote, the Chairman declared the meeting adjourned.
John Pittman Hey
America First National Committee