Minutes of the Operating Committee of the America First Party
Friday, February 7, 2003
BE IT REMEMBERED that the Operating Committee of the America First Party met on Friday, February 7, 2003 at 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, pursuant to the call of the Chairman.
The meeting was called to order by the Chairman at 9:07 p.m. EST.
The Chairman led the members in the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Secretary gave the invocation.
The Secretary called the roll of Operating Committee members:
- Dan Charles of Colorado, Chairman
- Gene Lovell of Georgia, Vice-chairman
- John Pittman Hey of Mississippi, Secretary
- Jon Hill of Massachusetts, Finance Committee Chairman
- Romelle Winters of New Hampshire, Public Relations Committee Chairman
- James D. Jones of Tennessee, Party Building Chairman
- James Edwards of Tennessee, Candidates Committee Chairman
- Michael O'Brian of Michigan, Platform Committee Chairman
- Trey Golmon of Mississippi, Ballot Access Committee Chairman
- Maureen McHugh of Illinois, Treasurer
Mrs. Winters moved the adoption of the Agenda. Her motion was seconded by Mr. Hill. The Agenda was amended to include a discussion of calling another National Committee meeting. The Agenda as amended was adopted by unanimous vote.
Mr. O'Brian moved the approval of the quarter page ad to appear in the American Free Press as circulated by the Public Relations Committee. Mr. Lovell seconded the motion. The ad was approved by unanimous vote.
Mr. Lovell moved that we call a National Committee meeting for February 18 at 9 p.m. EST. His motion was seconded by Mrs. Winters. During the discussion, it was the sense of the members that the purpose of the National Committee meeting would be to take up the unfinished business of the February 4th meeting. The motion to call a National Committee meeting was adopted by unanimous vote.
Mr. Lovell moved that the Operating Committee next meet on February 13th instead of February 11th. His motion was seconded by Mr. Hill, and adopted by unanimous vote.
There being no further business, upon motion made by Mr. Lovell, seconded by Mrs. Winters, and adopted by unanimous vote, the Chairman declared the meeting adjourned.
John Pittman Hey
America First National Committee