Minutes of the Operating Committee of the America First Party
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
BE IT REMEMBERED that the Operating Committee of the America First Party met on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 9:00 p.m. East Coast Time, pursuant to the previous resolution of the Operating Committee.
The Vice-Chairman led the members in the Pledge of Allegiance. Mr. Hey delivered the invocation.
The Secretary called the roll of Operating Committee members:
- John Pittman Hey of Mississippi, Secretary/Treasurer
- Jon Hill of Massachusetts, Vice-chairman
- Romelle Winters of New Hampshire, Public Relations Committee Chairman
- Tom White of Massachusetts, Party Building Committee Chairman
- Dan Charles of Colorado, Chairman
- Larry Carroll of Colorado, Platform Committee Chairman
- Trey Golmon of Mississippi, Ballot Access Committee Chairman
A quorum being present, the meeting was called to order by the Vice-Chairman at 9:21 p.m.
Mrs. Winters moved the adoption of the standard Agenda. Mr. White seconded the motion. The Agenda was adopted by unanimous vote.
The Vice-Chairman reported that the Chairman was away traveling and would not be able to make the meeting this evening.
The Secretary reminded the members that he had previously circulated draft minutes for the December 20, 2005 meeting of the Operating Committee. Mr. Hey moved the adoption of the minutes as published. His motion was seconded by Mrs. Winters, and adopted by unanimous vote.
The Treasurer reported that the party's bank balance is $11,156.71. Of that, $11,046.43 is in the new prospect fund, and $110.28 is in the general fund. There are no unpaid invoices.
The standing committees are on hiatus through the holidays.
There being no further business, upon motion made by Mr. Hey, seconded by Mrs. Winters, and adopted by unanimous vote, the meeting was adjourned at 9:39 p.m.
John Pittman Hey
America First National Committee