Minutes of the Operating Committee of the America First Party
Monday, February 19, 2007
BE IT REMEMBERED that the Operating Committee of the America First Party met on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 9:00 p.m. East Coast Time, pursuant to the previous resolution of the Operating Committee.
The Chairman led the members in the Pledge of Allegiance. Mr. Hey delivered the invocation.
The Secretary called the roll of Operating Committee members:
- Jon Hill of Massachusetts, Chairman
- Martin McClellan of Florida, Vice-chairman
- John Hey of Mississippi, National Secretary and Treasurer
- J. C. Schweingrouber of Ohio, Public Relations Committee Chairman
- Tom White of Massachusetts, Candidates Committee Chairman
- Mike Eller of Michigan, Finance Committee Chairman
- Mike Fleharty of Ohio, Ballot Access Committee Chairman
- Joe Spitzig of Ohio, Platform Committee Chairman
- Peter Browning of Florida, Party Building Committee Chairman
A quorum being present, the meeting was called to order by the Chairman at 9:35 p.m.
Mr. McClellan moved the adoption of the standard Agenda. Mr. Schweingrouber seconded the motion. The Agenda was adopted by unanimous consent.
The Chairman delivered his report. He described several press releases that have gone out. A discussion about the War Powers Act took place. The Chairman described a state chair meeting that he has called to be held this Saturday.
The Secretary reminded the members that he had previously circulated draft minutes for the February 5, 2007 meeting of the Operating Committee. Mr. Hey moved the adoption of the minutes as published. His motion was seconded by Mr. Schweingrouber. The minutes were adopted by unanimous vote, Mr. McClellan abstaining.
The Treasurer reported that the party's bank balance is $ 7,237.43. There are no outstanding invoices due at this time.
Mr. Schweingrouber delivered the Public Relations Committee report. A discussion took place concerning articles that are ready for publication in the next newspaper.
Mr. Hey reported that the Rules Committee met to interview Mr. Adam Barton last Saturday, but he was unable to attend.
There being no further business, on motion made by Mr. McClellan, seconded by Mr. White, and adopted by unanimous consent, the meeting was adjourned.
John Pittman Hey
America First National Committee