Minutes of the Operating Committee of the America First Party
Monday, August 2, 2010
BE IT REMEMBERED that the Operating Committee of the America First Party met on Monday, August 2, 2010 at 9:00 p.m. East Coast Time, pursuant to the previous resolution of the Operating Committee.
The Chairman led the members in the Pledge of Allegiance. Mr. Hey delivered the invocation.
The Secretary called the roll of Operating Committee members:
- Jon Hill of Massachusetts, Chairman
- John Hey of Mississippi, National Secretary and Treasurer
- Joe Spitzig of Ohio, Platform Committee Chairman
A quorum being present, the meeting was called to order by the Chairman at 9:26 p.m.
Mr. Hey moved the adoption of the standard Agenda. Mr. Hill seconded the motion. Mr. Hey moved that the agenda be stricken and consideration of the Resolution Remembering Tom White be the only item for action. The amendment was approved, and the agenda as amended was adopted by unanimous consent.
Mr. Hey moved that the Operating Committee forward the following resolution to the National Committee for adoption. Mr. Hill seconded the motion. The resolution reads as follows:
Whereas, a dear friend and patriot, Tom White, was laid to rest on April 29th, 2010
It is hereby resolved by the America First National Committee that Tom White be always remembered for:
1. His steadfast support for the principles of the America First Party from its inception;
2. Standing for his beliefs, whether popular or not;
3. For his friendship, advice and encouragement to many of us during difficult times;
4. For his expressed devotion to God, and for putting his principles into numerous good actions;
5. For his continued service over many years despite failing health.
Be it also resolved, that his sacrifices and those of all other departed members of the America First Party be not in vain, and that the defense of principles which are so necessary for peace and prosperity be forever continued, both in honor of their memory and in devotion and gratitude to our generous and loving God.
The motion was adopted by unanimous vote.
Mr. Hey moved that the minutes of the July 26, 2010 meeting of the Operating Committee be approved. The motion was seconded by Mr. Hill and adopted by unanimous vote.
There being no further business, on motion made by Mr. Hey, seconded by Mr. Hill, and adopted by unanimous vote, the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
John Pittman Hey
America First National Committee