Rules for Reflectors
(Prior to February 2004)
- Each Reflector will have a moderator.
- The Moderator will be elected by majority vote of the National Committee.
- The Moderator may be removed by majority vote of the National Committee.
- Between meetings of the National Committee, the Officers may appoint moderators to fill vacancies, but such appointments shall last only until the next meeting of the National Committee.
- No person shall be permitted to serve as moderator on more than three reflectors.
- The Moderator shall be responsible for membership management and enforcement of these rules.
- Each reflector or mailing list will have a stated purpose, approved by motion of the National Committee.
- Use of the reflectors is encouraged for the following purposes:
- Positive news about the America First Party.
- Constructive ideas for building the party and promoting its platform.
- Information about how the Republican and Democrat establishment are destroying America.
- Announcements of general interest to America Firsters.
- Success stories from state party organizations and candidates.
- Reports of America First Party member grassroots activism.
- Discussion and debate on the merits of ideas.
- The following activities are not permitted:
- False information about anybody, but especially other America Firsters.
- Sniping and clever retorts whose purpose is to hurt feelings and "get goats".
- Personal attacks or name calling or attacks based on race, religion, or gender.
- Discussions that are not relevant to the America First Party or the purpose of the reflector.
- Conduct which is disruptive to the purpose of the reflector.
- Cross-posting messages.
- Failure of a poster to identify him or her self in any post, include their name and state.
- Misuse of the reflectors shall carry the following ever increasing penalties:
- A warning will be issued to the user.
- Following a second warning, the user will be moderated for 2 weeks, and impermissible messages will be rejected.
- Following a third warning, the user will be removed from the reflector for 1 month.
- Following a fourth warning, the user will be permanently removed.
- To be a member of any reflector, a person must be a member of an affiliated America First State Party Organization, or where none exists, a member of an organizing committee for such State Party Organization.
- There will be a reflector for state and party leaders. There will also be reflectors for specific committees. Members who qualify cannot be removed from those reflectors but may be moderated.