Minutes of the Operating Committee of the America First Party
Saturday, August 17, 2002
BE IT REMEMBERED that the Operating Committee of the America First Party met on Saturday, August 17, 2002 at 12 noon Eastern Daylight Time, pursuant to the call of the Chairman.
The meeting was called to order by the Chairman at 12:04 p.m. EDT.
The Secretary called the roll of Operating Committee members:
- Dan Charles of Colorado, Chairman
- Gene Lovell of Georgia, Vice-chairman
- John Pittman Hey of Mississippi, Secretary
- John Verser of Arkansas, Ballot Access Committee Chairman
- Romelle Winters of New Hampshire, Public Relations Committee Chairman
- Ed Moses of Iowa, Rules Committee Chairman
- James D. Jones of Tennessee, Party Building Chairman
- Maureen McHugh of Illinois, Treasurer
- Jon Hill of Massachusetts, Finance Committee Chairman
- Roger Simmermaker of Florida, Platform Committee Chairman
- James Edwards of Tennessee, Candidates Committee Chairman
The Chairman led the Committee in the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Secretary gave the invocation.
Mr. Moses moved the adoption of the following resolution:
Resolved, that in accordance with Article III, Section 2(b) of the Constitution, the Operating Committee hereby calls a teleconference meeting of the America First National Committee for Sunday evening, August 25, 2002 at 9 p.m. Eastern time.
The resolution was seconded by Mr. Lovell and adopted by unanimous vote.
There being no further business, upon motion made by Mr. Moses, seconded by Mr. Lovell, and adopted by unanimous vote, the Chairman declared the meeting adjourned.
John Pittman Hey
America First National Committee